α-Select Bronze Competent Cells are ideal for routine subcloning.
- Reduced recombination of cloned DNA - designed to accommodates larger plasmids
- High efficiency - available in ≥107 cfu/μg, perfect for routine subcloning
- Easy screening - with blue/white color selection
- Convenient size - small aliquots reduce waste
α-Select Bronze Competent Cells are directly comparable to DH5α cells. They contain a lacZ marker that provides α-complementation of the ß-galactosidase gene for blue/white color screening and are ideal for subcloning using plasmid-derived vectors. α-Select Bronze Competent Cells also provide recA1 and endA1 markers to minimize recombination and enhance the quality of the plasmid DNA, allowing efficient transformation even with large plasmids.
pUC19 DNA is also provided as a positive control.
- Transformation of large plasmids into bacterial cells
- Generating clones
- Blue/white color screening
We’ve started building a collection of short written and video reviews that we share online with the research community. Would you like to share your experience of the Alpha-Select Bronze Competent Cells as part of our new customer review program? To watch or read our reviews, to learn more about the rewards being offered, or to post your own review, please click here
Certification of Analysis (COAs)
Chemically Competent Cells
10 x 200 µL
pUC19 control vector (10 pg/µL)
Storage & Stability
All kit components should be stored at -80°C upon receipt. When stored under the recommended conditions and handled correctly, full activity of the kit is retained until the expiry date on the outer box label.
Shipped on Dry Ice or Blue Ice.