Posts tagged 'Cloning'RSS Feed
It’s that time of year again!!!! We are proud to announce Bioline is supporting iGEM teams in 2015. Our already competitive pricing drops 40% for the young and enthusiastic iGEM researchers in the United Kingdom.
‘Sponsorship is very difficult, particularly for small projects such as ours. Bioline are very kindly sponsoring us. A big thank you to them.’ - York iGEM 2014 Team
Popular tools used by successful iGEM teams around the world include:
- Bioline Competent Cells and Cloning Reagents - Transform plasmids from the iGEM kit plates with extremely efficient alpha-select silver or gold efficiency cells.
- MyTaq™ HS - Use MyTaq HS to amplify DNA from your minipreps in as little as 30 minutes, or amplify directly from your colonies! See the MyTaq colony PCR application note or this SOP written by the Danish iGEM2013 team.
- ISOLATE II Plasmid Mini Kit - Pure and very high DNA yields from your transformed colonies.
- VELOCITY DNA Polymerase - Perfect for all your high-fidelity applications.
- HyperLadder™ DNA Markers - Very popular Bioline range of markers for DNA sizing, as used by Craig Venter's research team.
- Real-time PCR Kits - Trusted SensiFAST™ kits for gene expression analysis.
- Core Reagents - High quality buffers, agarose and other essentials.
Get in touch with your local UK Bioline Account Manager to enquire about an iGEM offer pricing plan.
Then, why not let your fellow iGEM researchers know about this great offer using the sharing links below? Also feel free to Tweet or email us if you have any further questions www.bioline.com/social We look forward to hearing from you soon and we wish all iGEM2015 entrants every success in this year's competition!
Terms and Conditions
This offer is valid on any product in our range for any iGEM team in the United Kingdom. No minimum or maximum spend to qualify for the discount. Expires on September 30, 2015. Not valid with any other promo codes or special offers. Please contact us for details of discounts available to iGEM teams in the United States, Germany, France, Singapore and Australia.
Bioline is proud once again to offer its support to teams participating in the 2014 round of the annual iGEM competition. Teams supported by Bioline in previous years have won gold medals and advanced to the finals of the iGEM World Championships.
For a limited time only, all iGEM teams in the United Kingdom can take advantage of up to 40% off already highly-competitive Bioline list prices across our entire product range.
The Must-Have Bioline Toolbox for iGEM Researchers
Popular tools used by successful iGEM teams around the world include:
- Bioline Competent Cells and Cloning Reagents — Transform plasmids from the iGEM kit plates with Bioline’s extremely efficient alpha-select silver or gold efficiency cells.
We used bioline cells but didn’t follow the protocols because the cells were more competent so didn’t need to go through heat shock.— Boston iGEM 2012 Team
- MyTaq™ HS — Use MyTaq HS to amplify DNA from your minipreps in as little as 30 minutes, or amplify directly from your colonies! See the MyTaq colony PCR application note or this SOP written by the Danish iGEM2013 team.
- ISOLATE II Plasmid Mini Kit — Pure and very high DNA yields from your transformed colonies.
- VELOCITY DNA Polymerase — Perfect for all your high-fidelity applications.
- HyperLadder™ DNA Markers — Our hugely popular range of markers for DNA sizing, as used by Craig Venter's research team!
- Real-time PCR Kits — Tried and trusted SensiFAST kits for gene expression analysis.
- Core Reagents — High quality buffers, agarose and other essentials.
All Bioline products are backed by our friendly and helpful UK based technical support staff, should you need it!
To request full details of our Gem of an iGEM Offer pricing plan, please contact your local Bioline UK account manager using our Rep Finder tool. Then, why not let your fellow iGem researchers know about this great offer using the sharing links below. Also feel free to Tweet or email us if you have any further questions
We look forward to hearing from you soon and we wish all iGEM2014 entrants every success in this year's competition!
PS: You can also read about Bioline’s Synthetic Biology industry partnership with Liverpool Life Sciences UTC, the first school in the United Kingdom specialising in Science and Health Care for 14 to 19 year olds.
This offer is valid on any product in our range for any iGEM team in the United Kingdom. No minimum or maximum spend to qualify for the discount. Expires on October 31, 2014. Not valid with any other promo codes or special offers. Please contact us for details of discounts available to iGEM teams in the United States, Germany, France, Singapore and Australia. Bioline products are also available through our carefully selected distributor partners.
The 6th International Meeting on Synthetic Biology (hashtag: #SB6Conf), the world’s foremost synthetic biology (SynBio) meeting, is currently running in London, organised by the BioBricks Foundation, a non-profit organization based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
BioBricks Foundation SB6.0 Co-Chairs include Professor Paul Freemont and Professor Richard Kitney of Imperial College, who will lead a new £10 million innovation and knowledge centre, to be called SynbiCITE, aimed at providing a bridge between academia and industry and announced at the conference by David Willetts, Minister for Universities and Science.
Imperial College is home to the UK Centre for Synthetic Biology and Innovation a £9m investment aimed at propelling the synthetic biology field forward and promoting SynBio start-ups. International collaboration and networking are important aspects of the meeting, along with poster presentations and ‘lightning talks’ from world leaders in the field of SynBio research.
David Willets said:
"Synthetic biology has huge potential for our economy and society in so many areas, from life sciences to agriculture. But to realise this potential we need to ensure researchers and business work together. This new Innovation and Knowledge Centre will help advance scientific knowledge and turn cutting edge research into commercial success."
Professor Richard Kitney, co-academic of SynbiCITE added:
"Synthetic Biology could be the next ‘industrial revolution’ for the UK, where tiny devices manufactured from cells are used by us to improve many facets of our lives. From producing new, more sustainable fuels to developing devices that can monitor or improve our health, the applications in this field are limitless."
The exciting and emerging field of Synthetic Biology research combines the disciplines of engineering and molecular biology to design and build novel, biologically-based parts, devices, and sensors, as well as the re-engineering of existing, natural biological organisms. Synthetic Biology has the potential to deliver important new applications, from detecting the early onset of disease and improving existing industrial processes, food production, green fuels, and developing therapies to fight harmful bacterial infections or cancers.
Much of the future success of synthetic biology is incumbent upon the development of standardized SynBio components that can be combined in predictable and repeatable ways. The precise approach used when fabricating a BioBrick component depends on the fabrication method (PCR or direct synthesis) as well as the type of part being constructed (a standard part or protein coding sequence).
SyntheticBiology.org maintains a nice introduction to Synthetic Biology as well as a useful how-to guide on the subject of constructing novel BioBrick parts for submission to the Registry of Standard Biological Parts.
Bioline makes it easy to harness the power of new generation enzymes to create parts for BioBricks using PCR. We manufacture and supply a range of high-performance PCR and molecular biology cloning tools, enabling researchers to drive their synthetic biology projects forward. Some of our most popular, most frequently used products for leading synthetic biologists presenting at SB6.0 (1, 2) include the High-Fidelity Velocity DNA Polymerase, MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase for Colony-PCR, Competent Cells, Quick-Stick Ligase for TA Cloning, ISOLATE II Plasmid Mini Kits, and our acclaimed range of SensiMix™ and SensiFAST™ Real-Time PCR kits.
If you've been attending the #SB6Conf in London this week, let us know if your poster cites any Bioline reagents and your synthetic biology research work and achievements could be showcased in a forthcoming SynBio article on the Bioline blog. And if you’re one of the IGEMers attending the conference, don’t forget to check out our Gem of an offer for iGEM Teams!
One final note regarding the future of synthetic biology and the synthetic biologists of the future, you can keep up to date with all the latest news from the iGEM SynBio research teams around the world by following the international iGEM Teams Twitter list maintained by us @ThePCRCompany.
1. Giuraniuc CV, MacPherson M, Saka Y, et al. (2013). Gateway Vectors for Efficient Artificial Gene Assembly In Vitro and Expression in Yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE 8(5): e64419. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0064419
2. Ali H, Ries MI, Nijland JG, Lankhorst PP, Hankemeier T, et al. (2013). A Branched Biosynthetic Pathway Is Involved in Production of Roquefortine and Related Compounds in Penicillium chrysogenum. PLoS ONE 8(6): e65328. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0065328
Bioline, The PCR Company, is proud to announce the world-wide release of two new DNA polymerases. Using the latest advances in PCR enzyme engineering and antibody-based hot-start technology, these polymerases are tailor-made to give world-class performance across a wide range of templates.
MyFi™ DNA Polymerase is a new generation of high-fidelity, hot-start products - perfect for all your cloning needs. Engineered to increase affinity for DNA, MyFi affords significant improvements to yield, sensitivity and fidelity.
RANGER DNA Polymerase has been specifically designed to amplify templates up to 25kb with extreme sensitivity. This makes RANGER the perfect choice for PCR of long templates, PCR for sequencing, mapping of chromosomal structural variations and cloning from genomes.
Marco Calzavara, President of Bioline commented:
"I am delighted to announce the worldwide release of these two new, easy-to-use, high-performance DNA polymerases. These products strengthen our presence in the polymerase market and show Bioline’s continued commitment to our customers."
For complete information please visit: www.bioline.com/polymerases