The world’s first Magnetic Induction qPCR Cycler.
The box is small. The ideas are big.
- Faster - 35 cycles in less than 25 minutes
- Accurate - Superior uniformity of ± 0.05 °C
- Intelligent software - for absolute and relative quantification, genotyping, HRM
- Scalable - up to 480 samples per run
- Extremely compact – less than 2 kg
- No need for calibration - maintenance free
Mic uses a patented magnetic induction technology to achieve heating and forced airflow for cooling. This means faster heating and cooling times. Back that up with a robust optical system that reads all four channels simultaneously and running multichannel assays has never been quicker.
- Very fast cycling times with 35 cycles possible in less than 25 minutes*
- Instruments are available with either 2 (Green/Yellow) or 4 channels (Green/Yellow/Orange/Red)
- Separate high intensity LED excitation source for each channel (uniform excitation output) and a separate emission filter and detector for each channel
*Assays designed toward cDNA targets with short amplicon sizes and using fast cycling compatible polymerases
Mic’s spinning aluminium rotor gives unsurpassed temperature uniformity during dynamic and static operations. All other block-based cyclers only promise static uniformity, which could lead to inaccurate data, as samples are not heated and cooled equally. You might think this level of accuracy requires constant calibration, but Mic’s good to go right out of the box. You don’t need to calibrate - ever.
- Excellent reproducibility between samples and repeatability between runs and instruments ensures the highest level of quantification precision; allowing for the detection of two-fold differences in gene expression levels.
- Fixed optical path with no moving parts means no optical alignment or calibration and no need for a ROX reference dye.
Mic takes up less space on the bench than your lab book. And weighing in at just 2 kg, this is the most portable qPCR cycler on the market. Even four Mic’s stacked together take up less bench space than your current cycler.
- The magnetic induction technology allows for a small instrument footprint to be achieved, by way of its elegant simplicity.
- The tube format uses 0.1 mL strips of four tubes and matching caps, supporting volumes of 10 to 25 µL. A tab on tube 1 ensures correct orientation of tubes into the instrument.
- High speed centrifugation ensures samples spin down at the start of a run, and during a run will remove bubbles and prevent condensation, eliminating the need for bulky heated lids and external centrifuges.
Multiple Mics can be operated from one workstation so 48 becomes 96, and 96 becomes 192. Bluetooth technology means fewer cables too.
- Instruments can communicate via Bluetooth or USB cable. As many as ten instruments can be run from the one PC allowing for up to 480 samples to be run simultaneously.
- Individual runs can be collated into a project and analysed together.
- Installation is plug-and-play.
High Resolution Melting (HRM) Software
Mic’s optional HRM analysis characterises DNA samples according to their melt behaviour so you can identify mutations. HRM is the perfect tool for applications including determining allele prevalence, screening for loss of heterozygosity, DNA fingerprinting, DNA methylation, species identification and calculating the ratio of somatic acquired mutations.
If you purchase the HRM Software (BMS-MIC-HRM) with the Mic, you will receive a 25% discount on the list price of the HRM Software.
Five-year subscription payment is available for the 4-channel MIC Magnetic Induction Cycler (BMS-MIC-4). The scheme includes the four channel (Green, Yellow, Orange and Red) real-time PCR instrument, standard multi-user software, with year-to-year warranty during the life of the subscription (includes replacement or loan unit during repair). High Resolution Melting (HRM) is an optional extra. For more details please use the form below or contact your local sales rep.
MIC Customer Review
We’ve started building a collection of short written and video reviews that we share online with the research community. Would you like to share your experience as part of our new customer review program? To watch or read our reviews, to learn more about the rewards being offered, or to post your own review, please click here
Certification of Analysis (COAs)
|Dimensions||130 mm (265 mm lid open) x 150 mm x 150 mm|
|Power Supply||100-240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz 4.0 A|
|Temperature Accuracy||± 0.25 °C|
|Temperature Uniformity||± 0.05 °C|
|Ramp Rate||max. 4 °C / s|
|Temperature Range||40-99 °C|
|Excitation Light Sources||High Power LEDs|
|Channels||2 or 4|
|Green||Ex 465 nm Em 510 nm|
|Yellow||Ex 540 nm Em 570 nm|
|Orange||Ex 585 nm Em 618 nm|
|Red||Ex 635 nm Em 675 nm|
|Measuring Time||1 second|
|Vessels per Unit||48|
|Reaction Volume||10-25 µL|
|Ambient Temperature||18 - 35 °C|
|Relative Humidity||20 - 80%|